Paladin Risk Management Services was founded by Rod Farrar in 2007. Following 20 years as an officer in the Australian Army, Rod has channelled his passion and skill for managing risk and now applies his extensive experience in assisting organisations to mitigate and eliminate professional risks they may encounter
Rod is an accomplished risk consultant with extensive experience in the delivery of professional consultancy services to government, corporate and not-for-profit sectors. Rod takes every opportunity available to ensure his risk management knowledge remains at the ‘cutting edge’ of the discipline.
Rod’s Risk Management expertise is highly sought after as is the insight he provides in his risk management training and workshop facilitation.
Rod was recognised by the Risk Management Institution of Australia as the 2016 Risk Consultant of the Year and one of the first five Certified Chief Risk Officers in Australasia.
Rod established the Paladin Risk Management Training Academy in 2013 with the intent of passing on his knowledge to those working in, or who have a desire to work in, the risk management industry.
He has developed and delivered accredited training to over 2500 participants in six years through the:
- Certificate IV in Risk Management Essentials;
- Diploma of Risk Management and Business Continuity; and the
- Advanced Diploma of Governance, Risk and Compliance.
Registrations have been received from 17 different countries including from countries in:
- South Pacific;
- Middle East;
- America; and
Paladin Risk Management Services courses are also fully accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Rod has spoken at conferences in Australia and overseas, including the Risk and Insurance Management Society’s Conference in San Diego in 2016 which was attended by 13,500 risk management professionals from around the world.
Rod has also authored three eBooks:
- Demystifying Risk Management
- Risk is not a4 Letter Word; and
- Revolution de Risques ( available for $25)
- Diploma of Risk Management
- Diploma of Security Risk Management
- Master of Business Administration (Project Management)
- Master of Management Studies (Logistics)
- Graduate Diploma of Management in Defence Studies
- Bachelor of Arts (English)
- Associate Diploma in Personnel Management
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Risk Management Institute of Australia
- Australian Institute of Project Managers
- Certified Chief Risk Officer